The Middle East Africa and Asia Crypto and Blockchain Association (MEAACBA) is a not-for-profit organisation, whose purpose is to support, enable and grow blockchain-crypto ecosystems across the Association's core regions.
To educate the wider public in relation to Blockchain and crypto currencies for increased adoption.
To support, represent and promote Blockchain and cryptocurrency industry in creating a fit for purpose and compliant ecosystem.
MEAACBA is a not-for profit, member led organisation which brings together market participants, technology companies, new and established financial services businesses, banks, regulators, government, and law enforcement agencies to further the interests of the industry and its stakeholders.
The Association operates under a Charter signed by the founding board members. The Charter sets out five core objectives for the Association these are:
- Educating the community and wider participants about Blockchain ecosystems and Cryptocurrencies
- Facilitating regulatory interaction to influence and deliver aligned and pragmatic regulatory regimes
- Providing a forum for coordination and collaboration between banks, compliance advisors, law firms, tax, audit, and technology development firms
- Creating a “Moonshot lab” that promotes innovation through R&D, collaboration, and information sharing
- Coordinating with law enforcement and other government bodies to support the prevention of financial crimes and other illegal activities
MEEACBA’S Board is made up of global experts within the Crypto and Blockchain eco systems including ex regulators, compliance provides guidance to the Board and the member community. Appointments to the Advisory Board are agreed upon by the MEAACBA Board.