This policy sets out how MEAACBA gather and use personal data and seeks to explain the rights you have with respect to the personal data that it holds.
“MEAACBA,” “our”, “we” or “us” refers to entities, subsidiaries and associated entities of MEAACBA either individually or collectively. Your personal data is solely or jointly controlled by either one or more of these entities.
We process personal data for numerous reasons. Personal data may be collected if you contact us seeking membership of the association or for participating in an event hosted by the association amongst other reasons. .
Should you have concerns regarding breach of privacy laws or regulation or specifically on issues such as the manner in which personal data is gained, held or used by us, please contact us at  Our data protection officer will investigate your concern and inform you of action to be taken in addressing it.
You are entitled to complain to the data protection authority in your own country, or to refer to a competent authority in a relevant jurisdiction where we operate.
This policy covers personal data about individuals who can be identified, by reference to specific identifying fact(s) such as name, contact number, or location of data. Personal data includes factors which may be physical, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social. Personal data also includes categories of data from which we may infer or even determine:
- Political / religious / philosophical beliefs and views
- Membership of associations
- Genetic / biometric data
- Ethnic or racial origins
- Health both physical and or mental
- Sexual orientation or practices
- As well as personal data relating to criminal convictions and offenses
Visitors to www.meaacba.org
We do not collect personal data when you visit our site.
Information that you provide voluntarily
We do not collect personal data unless you provide this voluntarily for example when contacting us, subscribing to a newsletter or survey or similar action. We may collect information including:
- Name and job title, with function/role
- Company data for employer or relevant organisation
- Contact details including email and physical address and phone number
- Information relevant to provision of services to you
- Any other information you choose to provide to us
Gathering unnecessary sensitive and or personal data is not by intention. Should you choose to provide such sensitive or personal information, we reasonably assume that you consent to its collection and processing by us.
Information that we collect automatically
When visiting our site, we may collect certain data automatically, specifically this may include information such as your IP address, device type and unique identification number, geographic location (such as country or city-level location) and or other technical details.
We may collect details regarding how your device interacted with our site, including the pages and links accessed during visits. Collection can enable us to better understand our visitors and their requirements.
Information may be used for analytical purposes and with the intention of better meeting our visitors experience. To this end cookies and similar tracking devices may be used.
Reasons we process the personal data of visitors to our site:
- To authenticate visitors’ identities and prevent unauthorized access to specific areas of our site.
- To personalize and improve your visit by displaying more relevant and interesting content
- To understand which company, organization, etc. you may be associated with
- To provide you with better marketing communications and materials
- To conduct quality and risk management reviews and better develop our business
Any other purpose for which you provided information to MEAACBA.
Legal grounds for processing personal data of visitors of our site are:
Ensuring effective delivery of information/services to you through a lawfully operated business
Developing our site and improving the visitor experience while gaining explicit visitor consent.
We collect personal data from you when you apply to or after your becoming a member..
The majority of personal data we collect and use is supplied voluntarily by you. Accordingly, if you are a member of MEAACBA it will be evident what personal data we collect and use. Such information may include:
- Your name, associated entity, nature of engagement or association with entity
- Contact details including physical and email addresses and phone number
Other personal data you provide to us to facilitate provision of benefits (attached to association membership) which is used to:
- To administer our relationship
- For marketing, business development, historical and statistical purposes
- To provide member benefits to you
- To establish, exercise and or defend our legal rights
Transfer of personal data
MEAACBA will operate from and in different countries and provide support from different locations where your personal data will be stored after transfer.
Appropriate security and legal precautions are taken to protect both the safety and integrity of personal data held within the organization. Your personal data may also be processed by our service providers (including lawyers and auditors) in support or our internal ancillary processes.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- For lawful and contractual purposes
- If required to do so by applicable law, court order, regulatory or government authority
- In connection with a reorganization or extension of our organization
- to help enforce/apply terms of engagement/agreement or protect/defend ourselves, or
- With your consent
Please not that typically we have a legal obligation to report suspicious transactions or activity as regards money-laundering to relevant regulatory authorities. We will also report suspected criminal activity to the law enforcement body we deem applicable. We are not always permitted by law to inform you of such activity.
Accuracy of personal data
If we are to maintain accurate and complete data, it is important that you inform us of all changes to such information. Please contact us via email@example.com with all such change requests.
We typically retain personal data only for as long as it is needed. Please note that retention requirements vary according to different regulatory bodies. However, to help meet legal requirements and to best exercise or defend our legal rights we may retain information for significant periods of time.